Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Grumpy Ant and The Social Butterfly

Once a upon a time there lived a grumpy ant, and a social butterfly. The butterfly had a carefree spirit roaming the outdoors enjoying life with her family, while still performing her purpose of pollinating the flowers. Everyday as she enjoyed the sunshine she noticed the ant hard at  helping to build the communities colony. This particular ant worked non stop from day to night without a break in between. One day she decided ask him why he never took a break from his daily duties. "Hello there" said the butterfly, "I noticed you've been working non stop on building your colony while you family are out in the sunshine enjoying their time together why don't you take a break, and enjoy it with them?". The ant then replied " I have no time to talk. Many things must be done before winter, I want to get a head start or else we will be behind. Please go away, and do not bother me. What do you know anyway? Your life is easy being a butterfly when your in a cocoon all winter. "As you wish" said the butterfly as she flew away. Over the months the butterfly watched as the ants' family shared many laughs, lots of love, and life together, but the grumpy ant was no where to be found. On a late afternoon the social butterfly noticed that the ant was not working, he was sitting down with despair in his eyes. "What the matter? said the butterfly, with shock on her face. The ant then replied " It's all gone. All the hard work I put into the colony is ruined. A massive foot came down, and crushed it! On top of that, I've missed it all. I have missed birthdays, and dinners. My children are growing up before my eyes, and my wife, and are barely see each other anymore. I'm working so hard to provide shelter, and food, but I am unhappy. Why do you seem so happy when yet you have hundreds of plants to visit?" The butterfly then replied " In this life many things come,and go but the time I share with my family is precious. You can never rewind time it is important to use it wisely. Sometimes you just have to live in the moment, and not for the future or YOUR life will flash before your eyes".
The Morale of my story is sometimes in life we forget to stop, and enjoy what means the most to us. Life can become very demanding, but it is important to prioritize what means most in order to achieve true happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment