Thursday, February 20, 2014


The Dog and the Coyote

Long ago a dog asked her friend, the coyote, to go deep into the field to play. But the coyote felt she was not in the mood. The next day, the dog went over to the coyote's place and invited her to swim in the river. Yet, again the coyote rejected her friend’s invitation. The dog in her last attempt to cheer up the coyote invited her to see the sunset to which the coyote replied, "Stop annoying me with your tiresome ideas; I have better things to do with my time." The dog turned around and left her alone. Sometime after, the coyote while seizing a flock fought a wolf that severely injured her eyes.” One day as the coyote struggled to get home she bumped into her old friend; and the dog without recognizing her friend's blindness said, “are you going up the hill to see the sunset now." "Oh, my dear friend, never in my life would I have wished to see the colors of a sunset more than I do now," the coyote cried.       

People don’t appreciate what they have until they are gone and it is too late, a well-known saying but many times barely applied in our lives. Sometimes the little things we don’t pay attention to are our most valuable possessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment